Monday, November 26, 2012

Brands and Rebranding


Recently I completed my Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) in Media Design. My Masters Project was to take a real company and perform a complete rebranding. I chose Smashwords, the largest publisher and distributor of independent fiction and eBooks. I began by researching the publishing industry, Smashwords, and its competitors. I discovered what Smashwords key tenants were as well as a mission and vision. I created a new look along with a style guide and all new collateral including a logo, website, ads, widgets, merchandise, and more.

Along the way I learned a lot more about design, marketing, and strategy along with a lot of new programs and techniques.

Above is my project book detailing the process, reasoning, and results. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment