Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Other People's Characters: Wonder Woman


My favorite superhero is Wonder Woman (when she's done right, which is rare). Done right, Wonder Woman is confident and strong and yet very kind, polite, and encouraging. Too many people see kindness and a weakness and think the only way to have a strong female character is for her to be ornery, bossy, in charge, and brag about how wonderful she is while belittling others. Wonder Woman (when done right) is confident in her abilities and in herself so she doesn't need to act like an edgy witch to be strong or a positive role model. She can encourage, support, and lift others and see it as a strength instead of being demeaning.

This is a sketch I did with a Japanese brush pen based on the New 52 design with a few modifications. The background consists of several photos my brother and I have taken manipulated in Photoshop.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment