Monday, October 20, 2008

Crosstalk

Four years ago I finally moved back to Phoenix, Arizona. I started to apply for jobs, and everyone wanted to give me a test. This technical illustration was done for such a test. They wanted someone that could create high quality technical illustrations like you see in Scientific American. The assignment was to illustrate "crosstalk". For those of you who've never heard of that, crosstalk is basically when you put a bunch of cords from several electronic devices next to each other, and the signal from one interferes with the others.

I did this illustration and sent it off. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks. When they finally did get back to me and wanted me to come in for an interview, I had already accepted another job elsewhere. You snooze, you lose. Although this isn't the kind of thing I usually do, it is actually a pretty good illustration, done completely in Photoshop, and I do really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment